Monday, March 30, 2009

Old friends, lost........

So I found an old friend on Facebook today and sent her a message. I was wary to do so, our friendship ended about 8 yrs. ago, not on bad terms, but not on good either. We both kind of just decided that maybe our friendship wasn't working. We grew up together and and we were pregnant with our sons at the same time. I always pictured our kids would grow up together, but all nostalgia aside, it was difficult to be her friend. I am a little nervous that she will reject me, even though I guess that would reaffirm my decision to end our friendship. And at the same time, I am not even sure I would want to be her friend, however now that we live in seperate states, I don't see it being to much of an issue as a few messages on Facebook can't hurt. Even now, I check my Facebook every hour or so to see if she has responded.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to that. I have someone from my high school who has all these same friends as I do but I refuse to be the first one to "friend". You know?

    It's not K is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also known to check my blog for comments after I write a post....

    even from my ipod!

    ReplyDelete