Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I guess that's why they call it the blues....


Today I'm feeling down, and I'm not exactly sure why. I recently moved from San Diego to the Pacific Northwest, which was a good move for me and my boys and lots of good things are on the horizon for us, but as I was unpacking the last of my stuff I realized how much I miss. Even now, I can't stop the tears as I long for my girls, the beach and the memories I spent 15 yrs making. So I made myself some tea ( in my newly unpacked favorite mug) and sat down here, to spend a few minutes reminiscing. And as I think about the things that have come and gone from my life, I am struck with this thought, the only thing guaranteed in this life is that it will change. What you see before you today, will not be there next year so don't waste a second planning what your future holds just stop today and look around and take a deep breath and a picture in your mind.......so you can always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment